November 25, 2008

The Return of a Cast Member

About a month ago, I received a letter from Disneyland scheduling asking if I would like to work in the park during the week of Thanksgiving. I replied immediately with a, "YES!" And so Monday night marked my eventful return to the park at last as a cast member instead of as a guest. Though it felt as though I had never left, I did have to get used to being back in the role. Almost immediately after walking onstage, a guest asked me where the nearest restroom was. I was surprised enough that someone had asked me a question out of the blue, despite the fact that I had just realized that as a cast member I would get questions at a regular rate. Fortunately, I was able to maintain composure and point out the nearest restroom without difficulty. The night was fairly simple after that and I fell into pattern with ease. The rest of the night was spent as a valet for stroller parking, which, I might add, is my favorite job out on the Fantasmic front.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's raining now as I write this and I know your working your second night at Disneyland so I hope your not getting rained out!!