August 09, 2009

Forty Years of Happy Haunts

Today, August 9th, marks the 40th anniversary of a truly spirited attraction. On this date in 1969, Disneyland's famous experience known as the Haunted Mansion opened its creaking doors to guests, inviting one and all to visit all nine hundred and ninety-nine of its inhabitants. Today, the Haunted Mansion has become an addition to three other Disney parks throughout the world and is just as popular today as it was when it opened.

The Haunted Mansion just so happens to be one of my favorite attractions in the park thanks to its incredible artistic detail, memorable moments (who could ever forget the hitchhiking ghosts?), as well as wealth of backstory. In fact, I came to appreciate the ride much more after visiting doombuggies.com and becoming familiar with the legends and myths created around everything inside.

Anyway, enough rambling. If you're looking for me tonight, I'll be at the mansion.
T.H. Excellence

1 comment:

RDH said...

I remember seeing the Haunted Mansion for probably 2 years before it opened. The anticipation was killing me. When we finally went and got to experience it, I was more then thrilled. What a great ride, the special effects of the 'ghosts' dancing in the ballroom was incredible at the time. (I'm still impressed by it).