July 14, 2009

The Wonders of Prius

I drove around Orange County quite a bit yesterday, and by the time I got to work it was definitely time to fill-up before the "empty" light flickered on. So after completing my shift in the Magic Kingdom, I hopped in my car and drove down the road a few minutes to get to Arco. The usual routine ensued: pull-up, get out, select payment, pump gas. My car isn't huge, but the tank holds about thirteen gallons, so fill-up usually takes a few minutes.

When the tank was about half full, a Prius (it was powder blue, by the way) drove up and stopped at the other side of the pump. The driver got out and begin pumping gas just as I was. I didn't think anything of it until I pulled out the nozzle when the tank was full. Two seconds after I did that, Mr. Prius pulled out his nozzle and screwed the cap back on, filling up his vehicle in half the time it took me to fill up mine.

Oh, and he got out of the gas station and back onto the street first.

Go figure.

T.H. Excellence

1 comment:

RDH said...

Hi Tim,

My Prius holds about 10 gallons so not much less then the Honda, but I do get about 20mpg more then you do!