January 02, 2008

PhotoBlog on Snowshoes

Right now I'm sitting in a snowy mountain lodge, surrounded by a ton of people who have come to enjoy the winter wonderland. Some people are here to sled. Some people are here to snowboard. I didn't do either. I went snowshoeing. And, true to nature, I took pictures as well.
I didn't actually get as many pictures as I usually do - I was trying to preserve my camera from the cold weather. Even so, I managed to capture a fair amount of decent shots, so on we go.

Before we look at the snowshoeing trip, however, let's backtrack a bit. Here's the view out the my room's window.


John Muir Lodge - our accommodations.


The back end of our accommodations.


Moving on, this is the museum, and the starting point for our trip.


I thought this lamp was really cool, so I got a ton of pictures of it.


Sequoia!


And now the trip begins!


My footwear of choice.


Ah, the hazards of photography. A photographer in a group always brings up the rear. I almost lost everyone else at one point.


At this point I'll hush up so everyone can take in the color.













AFter a delightful snowshoe romp, we retreated to the car and embarked on the road home.


However, we didn't make it home before stopping to get a few shots of the spectacular sunset.



And with this beautiful portrait, I close.

That's all, everyone. Stay tuned for more pics. And remember, if you like what you see, please comment to let me know.

Ta ta for now
T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi TH,

The shot through the window was quite effective, I also really like the shot where the snow appears blue. It sure was beautiful scenery and made for many nice shots.

Muldin said...

sweet...some pretty quantum amazing pictures there