March 28, 2008

The MultiPlane Innovation

Right now I'm incredibly busy. With two papers due in less than a week, I have little time for much else. However, I did have enough time to watch this fascinating video, which was of great assistance in lending information to one of my papers, a research topic on Walt Disney. I enjoyed it so much that I thought it fitting to post it here for you to enjoy.

This video features Walt Disney talking about one of his greatest innovations, the multiplane camera. This incredible device was produced from Walt's undying efforts to achieve excellence in his work, and it brought a sense of realism to his animated productions. How so? Watch this clip to find out:



Quite fascinating, isn't it? Tune in again tomorrow for "The Old Mill", the first animated short to utilize this amazing device.
T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey TH, that was VERY interesting! I am always amazed at how Disney could get such realism in their cartoons, this explains why. (Now how do you manage to come up with this stuff!)

Tim Higley said...

Well, I was researching the MultiPlane camera, and believe it or not this video actually gave me the best information on it.
T.H. Excellence