March 26, 2008

Winter Sports

Yesterday I returned from a two-day snowboard trip. For most people, snowboarding means a fantastic time of thrills and chills down an icy mountain slope. For me, snowboarding means standing sideways on a flat piece of wood and fiberglass falling down over and over again.

Okay, not really. I did get a chance to improve my snowboarding skills a little bit yesterday, and I have improved quite a bit, although I'm still not incredibly good. Even so, future trips will allow me to develop my abilities even more until I grow into a point of snowboard competency.

On a side note, I also took a few pictures while I was up in the mountains. Most of them were more experimental since I was photographing under difficult conditions. Even so, they turned out decent, and so I am posting them here to share with you.

I took this and the next few pictures the same night I arrived in the mountains. I was hoping to get some good star shots, but with my limited equipment that was quite difficult. My photos also suffered from quite a bit of camera grain. I'll have to do something about that next time.


Yes, that is the moon.


Finally, just a shot of plain ol' stars.


Here's a shot of the same mountain range the following evening. Turned out a little better.


I like the composition of this shot.


I worked on this shot for a while, and still didn't get it quite right.



I'm not sure if I like this shot better in color...


...or in black and white.


This one turned out okay.


This one is made more interesting by the presence of the guard rail.


But ultimately, this was the best shot I got out of the entire trip.

Okay, that's it for me. Take care, folks!
T.H. Excellence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a great couple of days, my legs are still sore. Yep that last shot was the best, I guess it shows the advantage of early morning light.