March 18, 2008

The PhotoBlog Resurfaces

This semester has kept me busy. Incredibly busy. So busy that I have had very little time for photography. Finally, I grew tired of that. A couple times over the past couple of weeks I've taken a little time off and gone out, pursuing a specific shot or scene. And now I've decided to post the results.

I shot this on a film shoot a few days ago. It was entirely spur-the-moment, but I think it turned out quite nice.


Another spur-the-moment shot. It was really difficult shooting that close to the grass, believe it or not.


I shot these palm trees one night but was dissatisfied with the results, so I tried again the next day and produced this...


...and this.


I tried to get this shot so many times and I'm still not satisfied. I'll just have to keep trying.


This is a retake of an excellent photo I shot for a project last semester. This time I tried to exercise even more lighting control and I think the picture turned out even better.


This shot turned out all right.


I saw this fountain one night and decided to experiment with shutter speeds and such. I was unexpectedly surprised by this picture.

Okay, that's all I've got. I'll be on Easter break soon, so I may post more pictures soon. Keep an eye out for those.
So long for now
T.H. Excellence.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI TH

I like the fountain shot the best. Keep experimenting, you'll surprise yourself with the results. There should be lots of spring flowers now, try shooting some of those also.

Tim Higley said...

Indeed. I was quite surprised by the fountain shot. I only wished the background was a bit nicer. You can still see the unpleasant presence of a brick building far behind the fountain. But the subject matter turned out well.
T.H. Excellence

Andrew Tucker said...

you need to make that guitar/amp one into a big giant poster and hang it somewhere

Andrew Tucker said...

oh yeah, forgot to mention, nice other pictures too :) The fountain one is pretty cool ;) How was your birthday? No, I didn't forget :)

Tim Higley said...

I should turn that one into a poster and put it in my dorm somewhere. Or maybe give it to someone else since I don't have any more wall space and it would probably clash with all my film posters. Maybe.

Anyway, glad you liked the other ones. I liked the lighting affect produced by the fountain, although the background is incredibly distracting. But what can you do...

My birthday was quite good, thank you very much. I only had an evening class, so my day was a bit more relaxing. And we watched "Casablanca" in class, so it was a good day all around.
T.H. Excellence