March 02, 2008

A New Chapter

I'm a filmmaker, which means I make films. Or, I'm supposed to be making films. Turns out that I don't have to much to show after my first semester of film school. While enrolled I worked on a grand total of two films, and both were done very cheaply with a HandiCam.

Fortunately, that's starting to change. Several weeks ago I directed a mock interview, which was simple, but nevertheless gave me experience. Even better, I just wrapped up my first weekend of assistant directing on a short film being directed by a friend of mine at school. And the next two weekends are booked with film gigs as well. Plus I'm hoping to apply for the position of lead film/photography person for an orientation event at school next summer as well as some crew positions on a TV show put on here at school.

Wow, that's a lot.

Hopefully that will get me experience.

That's a wrap.
T.H. Excellence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I missed this post! Very excited to hear about all your film activities! The more experience you get the better. See you Saturday for pizza! (although I understand you may be late)