April 07, 2008

A Hoax and a PhotoBlog

Exactly one week ago, I posted photographs from an alleged u.f.o. sighting. Obviously, the u.f.o.s were bogus, and you all set about to figure out what they really were, nearly everyone thinking they were clouds of some sort. Well, guess what. These supposed spacecraft were not some strange natural phenomena (and my dad later pointed out that lenticular clouds usually only formed over mountains) but rather a hoax, and not even an elaborate one at that.
So based off of that information, we'll see if anyone can uncover the truth. Just reread the post carefully. Perhaps you might read something helpful.

Anyway, while you're doing that, here's a PhotoBlog to keep you occupied.

So I was coming out of the library at school and I liked the symmetry in this shot.


A while ago I took a shot similar to this but was displeased with it, so I reshot it here at school. I'm still not entirely satisfied, but this is a bit closer to what I want.


And here's a tall shot.


Finally, a premature dandelion.


This picture makes me happy. I shot it up in Joshua Tree two weekends ago. I zoomed in tight on the flower, and the sunset brought out all the excellent colors. My only regret is that the flower is incredibly soft (as in, not sharp) when the picture is looked at closely. But here you can't really tell.

I shot this just before the last one. Again, the flower is a bit soft, but since the frame isn't as tight it's not as significant.


This was an experiment of sorts. I wanted to have the closest flower sharp in the foreground with the other flowers a touch out of focus in the background, serving as a nice backdrop. The focus/out of focus effect worked well, although I don't quite like the composition. Oh well.


Once the sun set, I devoted much of my effort to photographing the night sky. Unfortunately, my effort was quite insufficient. The night sky is incredibly difficult to focus, particularly because it's practically impossible to tell if you're in focus or not. This was one of the better shots.


This was one of my last shots of the night. I accomplished this effect by setting up a long exposure time (20-30 seconds) and zooming over the course of the exposure. The result was something that looks remarkable like lightspeed, but is also very grainy.


Okay, that'll do it for me today. I'm crazy busy right now, with a ton of projects I'm working on. I'll try to keep you posted on those.

Over and out
T.H. Excellence

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you told me what the actual image was, I won't comment. Reminds me of a story though about an air force pilot who described a bright shiny object outside his window. No matter how fast he went, he couldn't seem to out run it, it stayed with him constantly. People on the ground thought he was describing a UFO but he finally fessed up that it was simply the sun.