April 07, 2008

Wrestling with Stupidity

I'm beat.

I spent the last three hours in the production center at school trying to import footage from a lecture I've been assigned to cut together. I only needed the footage from one tape. Capturing it should have taken just under an hour. But then I screwed things up trying to make them better and ended up staying much longer than I planned, importing and re-importing. It was pretty crazy.

But fortunately, everything is once again as it should be. I only hope I don't mess up again.
T.H. Excellence

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You often learn your best lessons through your mistakes.

Tim Higley said...

That's exactly what I was thinking last night. It might be discouraging to have messed things up, but that's what college is for. We're allowed to make mistakes here because we're only learning and not expected to be professionals. And when we do make mistakes, we only learn how to become better filmmakers.
T.H. Excellence

Anonymous said...

I have news for you, when you get out in the "real world", you bound to still make some mistakes. I have found that out countless times. Usually they can be overcome and again you learn and move ahead. Just don't keep making the same mistakes over and over again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Where's film fest Friday?! I always look forward to the latest in oldies.

Tim Higley said...

Sorry, but I didn't get a chance to post it today. I was gone the whole time!
I'll see if I can get something up on Saturday.
T.H. Excellence

Anonymous said...

Dude, I hate the edit bays sometimes. I ALWAYS have to fight with them.