May 09, 2008

An Afternoon of Cinematography

Hi all. I promise that there will be a Film Fest Friday this week. It's currently residing at the end of this post. But before that, a little bit about my day:

Today I had a film shoot. I'm currently producing various video segments and faculty interviews for an orientation week here at school. But as fun (and insane) as producing is, I finally got to live according to my true calling: cinematography. Yes, for the entire afternoon I peered over the shoulder of my camera operator, setting up shots, arranging lighting and the like. And it was fantastic. I wasn't able to do quite everything I wanted with the scenes we were shooting, but I still had an excellent time and look forward to doing more work in the future.

So, anyway, that's what I spent my afternoon doing.

On to Film Fest Friday. Today I return to classic Walt Disney cartoons with "The Whalers", a short I discovered recently in which Mickey, Donald, and Goofy try their best to catch a whale. Do they succeed? Watch and find out:



Okay, I gotta go now. I've got a lot of film work to do tonight.
Thanks for stopping by,
T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your cinematography sounds exciting, hope we get to see the finished product.

Your whale cartoon must be the one that got away. Doesn't seem to be posted.

see you soon

Tim Higley said...

Quite unusual. Last time I checked, it was there.
T.H. Excellence