May 05, 2008

A Busy Life

Sometimes I'll see an item of considerable expense and say, "When I'm a rich and famous movie producer, I'll be sure to get (fill-in-the-blank)." Quite ironic, actually. For one, no one can tell if I'll become rich and famous over the course of my career. For another, I never gave much serious thought to becoming a movie producer, rich or otherwise. The thought never appealed to me. Yet for some reason or another, I'm having a great time being a producer right now.

Currently I'm coordinating all of the video work for an orientation week here at school. Essentially, the job is that of a producers. I've got to schedule faculty for video interviews, assign screenwriters to create scripts, reserve equipment, and so on and so forth. It's a crazy job, but I'm loving it. And I guess I'm pretty good at it. Or, at least, no one's complained so far.

So am I going to graduate and become a producer? Probably not. I still have my eye on cinematography, and I intend to thoroughly explore that field to see what it has to offer. Still, it's nice to know I have the capacity for something else in the film industry. Ya never know what could happen.

T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your enjoying being a producer, sounds exciting and challenging. You'll know if your good at it though when you see the finished product, hope it turns out great!

By the way, you are rich in the things that count.

Tim Higley said...

Oh yes, I am definitely rich in the things that count. I must say, sometimes I look at the conditions of my life and think I must be one of the luckiest guys in the world. Riches and fame don't intrigue me that much, although if they come my way, I'm certainly not going to complain.
T.H. Excellence