May 17, 2008

"Prince Caspian" Review and Film Fest Friday

On Friday, myself and a group of friends went down to the El Capitan theater in Hollywood for a viewing of The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. My report: it's a decent film, but don't read the book or it will ruin the movie for you. For me, it was the other way around. While the movie wasn't bad on its own, I was too distracted from the huge discrepancies between book and movie to really enjoy it. While I have other complaints as well, I feel that these would have been remedied if Disney had tried to stay a little closer to the original story.
Again, the film isn't bad or anything, but it's going to get mixed reviews based on how well people remember the book.

At least the cinematography was pretty good.

Anyway, moving along. Today's Film Fest Friday (a day late - my apologies) features Mickey, Donald, and Goofy again in "Lonesome Ghosts". This time, the three friends have taken up jobs as ghost exterminators. However, when they reach their first client, the tables are slightly turned.



That's all for me, folks. I gotta get back to working towards finals.
T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the movie and thought it was well done, I liked the humor that was interjected more in this film then the first installment. The El Capitan is a fun place to see a film given all the extras they put into the show.
Do well on your finals.

Anonymous said...

Hey TH

Congratulations on your "A"!

Hope you do as well in your film classes!