October 19, 2007

PhotoBlog!

So I've been taking artistic shots for about a week now while I'm on campus, but I haven't taken the time to post them - yet. I now present to you, the reader, a conglomeration of all the PhotoBlog! pics I have yet to upload. So, without further adieu, here's the presentation:

Monday was gloriously rainy, so I was sure to get a lot of atmospheric pics then. Here's a shot from my room.










Tree canopies are even better in the rain.





There's a river near my dorm that I've paid very little attention to.



Ooh! Ducks!




This guy is sort of the oddball of the group...
but he's still got a cool color scheme.




Did I mention that I like ducks?



Here's a quick shot up river...


And here's an exit sign on my floor. Yes, I know it's a random shot.





That's not the moon... or is it?


This turned out to be a pleasant night. Around midnight I set out with my camera in search of excellent night shots. The rest of this post is dedicated to the results.


The library looks great at night.















And that wraps up another PhotoBlog! Side note: I spent a good portion of this last Saturday at San Diego's Wild Animal Park, which means I have a ton of pictures - something to the tune of 500. Yeah, that's a lot. Look for that update coming up in the next couple of days.

Okay, later
T.H. Excellence

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey TH,

I really like some of those night shots, the first one of the basketball basket is interesting in the angle you shot it at. Sorta looks like it is making it's own jump shot.

Anonymous said...

Hi TH,
I really like the third, fourth, and fifth shots. I can't wait to see all of the Wild Animal Park pictures.
- Excellent sister

Tim Higley said...

To dad: night shots are always fun. They're just really hard to get without a tripod.

To sister: Can't say when the Wild Animal Park shots will be up - probably not till Wednesday.

T.H. Excellence

Karyn said...

Hey Tim!
So here is a comment to say that i'm reading this blog :D hehe

I must agree with your dad, the night shots are really good. I especially like the lines of the bell tower picture - it looks like it's jumping out of the frame. Very creative!

Tim Higley said...

Thanks. As I said before, night shots are fun. The atmosphere after the sun goes down is completely different and everything takes on a whole new emotion. Night shots are just really hard to get, especially without a tripod.
T.H. Excellence