November 09, 2007

Wild Animal Park PhotoBlog! - Part II

At last, here it is: Part Dos of the Wild Animal Park PhotoBlog! We left off with, what, the elephants?

Okay, so after the elephants the rest of the group went back to the central part of the park while me and my dad went to go see the tigers.

On the way we saw some more giraffes.


See the tiger? Yeah, neither could we. That camoflage works too dang well.


We both got a good laugh out of this sign. As if the tigers were only going to bite your finger!

So after we recovered from our disappointment with the tigers, me and Dad went up to this place called Condor Ridge, which features condors as well as various other North American critters. Unfortunately, most of the critters didn't photograph well because the sun was reflecting off of the mesh cages. However, the area was very scenic and I got some nice atmosphere shots.

This waterfall photographed nicely.




This place has Disneyland beat for theming. Everything's real!


Landscape shot!


I like this one.


At this point we were closer to the heart of Condor Ridge, as indicated by all the cacti.



And then we saw it - the magnificent California condor in all its glory.


It's a shame that these birds are endangered, but at the same time it's wonderful that the Wild Animal Park is making an effort to bring them back.


After Condor Ridge, Dad and I decided to go check out some gardens in the upper area of park. We spotted this pond on the way, and we thought it was so beautiful that we absolutely had to take pictures.






Credit for this shot goes to my dad.


This was the Baja desert section, which was pretty much at the top end of the park.



I like the way the framing turned out on this one.


Another landscape shot.


So after the desert we wanted to go see the bonsai gardens. Maybe you can't tell from the picture, but the bonsai all looked a lot like cactus.


Dramatic angle!


At this point we were tired and decided to find the rest of our group. On the way I saw a ton of nice flowers.






At last we reached the hub of the park and, after purchasing a cherry ICEE, discovered the rest of the group was watching the meerkats.




What are you looking for?


Suddenly, I was distracted from the meerkats by something else...

DUCKS!!!


Ooh! Sitting ducks. Literally.


I like waterfowl, but that doesn't mean I'll drink dirty liquids.




At that moment, my mom directed my attention to a much bigger pond nearby.

My camera directed its attention to these geese.







I could take pictures like this all day.



Face it, man. She dumped you.


What are you all looking at?


Oh, her.




Pelicans=Awesome!




As much as I was enjoying the pond activity, I had to pull myself away to attend the bird show with the group.

Before we reached the bird show, however, we encountered these nifty gorillas.



Bachelors.


After the gorillas, we quickly reached the bird show (which was cleverly titled "Frequent Flyers"). Here's an establishing shot.


The show began with a variety of birds flying about the ampitheater. Unfortunately, my camera's slow reaction time made it difficult to take good pictures. This shot didn't turn out so good.


I guess this one turned out all right.



That's a really big owl on that stump.


This parrot was cool. He did stand-up comedy. Sort of.


This shot would have been even more awesome if it hadn't been so blurry. And maybe if the condor had been a bit more in center frame. Oh well.


And we'll conclude the show and the post with these hawk brothers.
Hope you all enjoyed this update. Part III is coming up soon, as well as some new PhotoBlog pics and a Downtown Disney post. If you liked the pics, don't forget to comment!

Stay posted for the Final Chapter...
T.H. Excellence

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

T.H.
I really like the giraffe picture and the first picture of the flowers.
Excellent sister

Anonymous said...

T.H. Excellence
We know that you are a good photographer but we did not know that your dad is too. The picture he took of that plant is really nice.
Sincerely,
The Blakeneys

Tim Higley said...

Thanks. My dad recently got a new camera, so he'll probably be seeing more photography action in the future. Hmm... I may have to convince him to get a blog.
T.H. Excellence

Anonymous said...

thanks for share...