December 27, 2007

I Love Post-Christmas Sales

I'm not a shopper. Maybe it's because I'm not a woman. But whatever the case may be, I'm not a shopper. I don't go out for hours on end to browse through endless racks and shelves of merchandise. If I happen to be in a shopping location of some sort, I might briefly examine any items of interest, such as movies, music, or books, but I typically will not spend more than fifteen minutes doing so. That being said, it should be of no surprise that I am a stranger to the post-Christmas sales.

Stranger no more.

Today I went to Barnes and Noble with a $25 gift card in tow, intending to find a fun read for the extent of my winter break. After reading Marvel's Civil War series for a couple of hours (amazing series, by the way - check it out!), I began searching for books to fulfill my quota. I managed to find two publications of great interest: Superman: Sunday Classics and Batman: Sunday Classics, which contain reprints of the Golden Age Sunday strips that featured these fine superheroes. I was incredibly pleased to find both of these, and was even more pleased to discover them both on sale. These collections are typically priced at $14.95. Due to the post-Christmas pricing, I was able to acquire both for under twelve bucks!

So anyway, that's what I spent my day doing. You can guess what I'll be spending my evening doing.

Up, up, and away!
T.H. Excellence

No comments: