September 22, 2007

A Couple Items of Interest


So right now I have a couple things to share. First of all, I spent a good part of the afternoon going to see Stardust with friends. This was actually the second time I had seen it, but it was still very enjoyable and I definitely recommend it. It's exciting, it's funny, it's romantic. The same style and spirit found in The Princess Bride are present here, yet at the same time the film is fresh and original and unlike anything ever seen before. It's a wonderful way to spend a fantasy-filled afternoon at the movies.
Two quick disclaimers:
1) This film does contain a little risque humor. Risque is a French word, if I recall. I think it means "not good to expose young children to". Just a word of warning.
2) Strange as it may sound, I don't recommend watching the trailer for this movie. Seriously, it's a horrible 2-minute representation of the film. Just risk your ten bucks instead and trust me on this one.

Okay, enough free publicity for Paramount Pictures. Time to move on.

Today was a glorious day. It rained in So-Cal. I noticed it particularly as I was on my way to the movies, and it made me happy. It also made me wish I had my camera to capture the drizzly goodness in all its glory.
By the time the movie was over, unfortunately, the rain had stopped and the sun was out. Nevertheless, the sky was lit up beautifully so I grabbed my camera and got some shots. Here's what I snapped:


I think this one turned out nice with the "Fade Edge" effect.




The sunbeams and reflections turned out nicely in this one.





Okay, that wraps up this blog. Hope you enjoyed the photos, and don't forget to go see Stardust.

Oh, and don't forget to pray for more rain. I'll be ready with my camera this time.

T.H. Excellence signing off

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definition of "risque"
Great photos by the way. :-)

Tim Higley said...

Ah, so that's what "risque" means. I coulda sworn there was something about young children in there. Or maybe that was the definition for PG-13... oh, well.

Anyway, glad you liked the pics. Even though I'm a film major I'm finding myself to be an aspiring photographer. At some point I want to shoot something besides clouds. As great as they are, there's a ton of other great shots I can get.
At some point I'd like to take a nice camera and a tripod to Disneyland and spend an entire day getting shots. Don't know when that will happen, but you can bet that when it does there's gonna be a major blog post.

Okay, I'm done. That response almost felt like a blog in-and-of itself.

T.H. Excellence