September 25, 2007

Ratatouille

"Why do they call it that? If you're gonna name a food, you should give it a name that sounds delicious. Ratatouille doesn't sound delicious. It sounds like 'rat' and 'patootie'. 'Rat-patootie', which does not sound delicious."


Believe it or not, those words were going through my head while I was in line for lunch today. Apparently the cafeteria has decided to capitalize on recent movie successes because they served up ratatouille for the midday meal.

Flashback time:
I remember seeing the movie and having a desire to sample that fine French dish at some point in life. For one, it would be a fun adventure. Second, anything with a name like "ratatouille" has to be awesome.

Anyway, since it was available for lunch I decided to indulge in the "adventure" and give it a try. I'm not a big fan of anything that's veggie-related, but I liked it anyway. In my opinion it was actually pretty good. Give it a try yourself if you get the chance.

Okay, I'm done being a food critic. Remember kids - Disney/Pixar's Ratatouille will be served up on DVD November 6th.

Fin
T.H. Excellence

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you notice any rats in the kithcen?

Tim Higley said...

I didn't notice any rats. Actually, I didn't even consider that possibility. However, that does explain the whisker in my food.

T.H. Excellence

Anonymous said...

By the way TH, what does "Fin" mean in your signature block? Sounds fishy to me!

Tim Higley said...

Yes, it does sound fishy, but this is Ratatouille we're talking here, not Nemo.
Anyway, "fin" is a fancy way of saying "The End". It's used at the close of Ratatouille and I've seen it elsewhere as well. Hope that answers your question.

T.H. Excellence