September 20, 2007

Peanuts From Heaven


Here's something I haven't shared yet: my dad and I are Anaheim Angels fans (particularly my dad). It so happens that tonight the Angels played the Seattle Mariners, so we decided to go observe, predicting it to be an epic game. We got together with some friends, rounding the number in our party to five people. These five people were myself, my dad, my best friend, my other best friend, and my other best-friend's stepdad. Oh, and one last note of interest: we were sitting at the very top of the nosebleeds. And I do mean the very top. Our backs were to the back wall. Now that all the important details are out of the way, I can move on.

The night was going pretty well. The Angels were winning. Some good plays were happening on the field. And my dad had just bought myself and my friends a bag of peanuts. It so happened that between the wall and our seats there was a sizeable gap through which we could see the concourse below. Knowing there to be a fair amount of people on said concourse, my friends and I decided to create an unknown phenomenon: raining peanuts.

Okay, so it wasn't a phenomenon, but it was fun, and that's key. We couldn't tell if anybody noticed us, but we were still having a grand olde time.

Apparently somebody did notice us. Just as we had exhausted our supply of peanuts, we noticed that the usher below us was scanning the seats. We also noticed that he didn't look very happy. "Oh, snap! Watch the game! Pretend nothing happened!"

Fortunately, the unhappy usher gave up after a moment, but moseyed over to the security guys in the next section over, apparently to inform them of the "peanut incident". Luckily for us nobody ever approached us (or even came close to it), but even so I noticed the unusual presence of security folk strolling about in our general vincinity.

Anyway, I'm officially an outlaw now. So much for excellence.

Anybody want a peanut?
T.H. Excellence

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, by the way, for all who care, the score was 9-2, Angels. And there was almost a fight. The Seattle Pitcher got thrown out.
CBH

Tim Higley said...

To Glen: I really like the site. I'm very interested in good photography so I'll be sure to check it out more in the future. I hope you'll also check back here occasionally to see what sort of photos I'm working on.

To CBH: The score was actually 9-5 Angels. But you were right about the Angels winning and you were right about the fight. Thanks for mentioning that.