September 20, 2007

Imagineering At It's Peak


While I was making my normal rounds online today I came across a review for a new book detailing the concept and creation of the Disney mountains. I'm definitely intrigued by this book and will definitely check it out if I get half a chance. I'm quite a fan of the mountain "range" that Disneyland boasts, not only of the rides themselves but also the outdoor aesthetic element they bring to the park. Anyone who's been to the park and checked out these attractions ought to agree that there's sure to be some great art and stories presented by the Imagineers who worked on them.
Anyway, I'll have to see if there's any local libraries that carry this, or maybe I'll just leaf through it next time I'm on the Disney properties. That would at least give me a chance to check out the concept art, and that's the most fun part anyway.

For those who are interested, here's a link to a review on the book by Disneyland enthusiast Werner Weiss.

As a little side note, if you haven't visited yesterland.com yet I strongly suggest that you do. It's run and maintained by Weiss, and it's a great site for remembering and/or discovering past attractions at Disneyland. Check it out.

Geronimo!
T.H. Excellence

No comments: