September 29, 2007

Mt. Baden-Powell PhotoBlog

Remember those slam-bang photos I promised in my last post? Well, they're not ready yet. So in the meantime I'll share something else.

So today my dad and I decided we would go hiking up Mt. Baden-Powell, named for Robert Baden-Powell, who founded the Boy Scouts of America. We also happened across a 1,500 year old tree, which was dedicated to Wally Wolden, another fine gentleman with a part in the scouts movement. Aside from that, I don't think anything else was named for anyone.
Okay, enough fooling around. Despite the long arduous trip, the view from the summit was quite beautiful. Looking straight out you could see the clouds over the valley, which was quite awesome because we had traveled under those clouds to get to the trailhead.. To the sides were other tree-lined mountains, and far off behind us was the desert. Made for a great three-hundred-and-sixty degrees panorama!
Fortunately the trip down was better. It's much easier going down than up, of course. By this time the sun had gone down a bit behind the ridge so it was nice and cool, making things very pleasant. Almost made me want to go camping.

Now I know you all are wishing you came too, but since you didn't, I uploaded the wonderful photographs I snapped on the trail. Enjoy the trip!




That's my dad, in case you were wondering.






Yes, I know this picture is very similar to the one above it. Consider it a freebie.
Or perhaps a remake.


Since I'm a film major, I thought I'd attempt to present something in letterbox format.
Why is it called that anyway?


This was the last good shot I was able to get. My camera pretty much just froze up for the entire trip down. I think it had altitude sickness or something. Anyway, the rest of my pics were taken from the inside of my dad's car.


It's amazing how dirty my dad's windshield was before I cleaned it up digitally.
Thank goodness for MacBooks.



On the road again... La lah la la la laaaaH luh la... tum de tum.

Gosh, I wish I knew all the words to that song.

Okay, that's officially the end of the pics. For those of you who love mountains, forests, and all that nature jazz, I hope you enjoyed this post. For those of you who don't, sorry you had to suffer through it. But don't worry - my next PhotoBlog should be a real whiz-banger, featuring those amazing, spectacular, super-awesome pics I promised earlier. If it doesn't, please don't hold it against me.

So for now I'm done. Good night to you all.
Please remember to comment - that way I know somebody's actually looking at this thing.

Hasta la v-ee-sta
T.H. Excellence

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi T. H. Excellence,
I like the sixth, seventh, and last photos the best. Also, in the poll, I voted for Spiderman 3 but I also would vote for Ratatouille except for that it wouldn't let me vote twice.
T. H. Excellence's sister.

Tim Higley said...

Good choice. Spider-Man 3 was amazing.
T.H. Excellence

Anonymous said...

Hey TH,

That was a great hike, though very tiring. The Starbucks afterwards though made up for sore muscles.

Tim Higley said...

Starbucks makes up for anything.
T.H. Excellence